Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Skull Stroll

One of my favorite blogs for illustration inspiration is Journey Around My Skull. Mostly composed of scans from one man's awe-inspiring book collection, it offers up, on a daily basis, surprising and wonderful influences from around the world.

F'rinstance:










I could just post stuff from this blog all day. Doesn't each one of these make you sick with jealousy that you didn't draw it? Doesn't it make you want to create stranger, fresher, more unexpected illustrations?

And, Hey! Who's this?

Why, it's MCA alumna Michelle Duckworth! Winner or Journey Around My Skull's Evil Orchid Bookplate Contest! Nice company you're keeping, there, Michelle. Congrats!

Update: No sooner than I post this, but Michelle gets featured a second time. Now you're just flaunting it, Michelle. Knock it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment